Topic: [MAP] we - tdm, dm ( especially ) for 1v1 or 2v2

Hi all this is my first map, so feel free to bash and disappoint me. I made it because i think that we need more maps for duels, 1v1 or 2v2. The map has some problems, like lack of space, which requires more precise movement. I think its quite balanced - 2 shotguns, 2 rl ( yea like dm1 ). Anyway i speak too much, here it is. Also I welcome any feedback, if you know how I could make it better, or have some suggestions or w/e ( yea thats the name of the map - whatever ) just post.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6624/screenshot0012jk1.th.png http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7514/screenshot0013sk3.th.png http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/8283/screenshot0014mh6.th.png

Gametype: DM | TDM
Version : 0.4.x
Description: its up ^ there
And the map is here. ( click the big green link ) Enjoy. (plz plz plz)

PS.: also if you like it, and have a nice server ... you know, host it xD
Also thx to all the people who tested/played and gave some feedback: PI, Rst ( clanz ), AMN, mos*D3FAULT!©, Sweeter and everyone else i forgot. ty guys, rly.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Re: [MAP] we - tdm, dm ( especially ) for 1v1 or 2v2

Yeah it was about time for a 2on2 map. I like it, but i think a little big for 1on1..

Anyways great for owning others in 2on2 mode

Thanks!

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Hm, I wonder how the map looks like. I don't know, since only 3 screens are provided.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

4 (edited by Captain AMN 2008-06-23 00:50:47)

Hi Torch i see the map is very nice big_smile

6 (edited by Appleten 2008-06-23 14:37:36)

yeah, map is nice to play big_smile
great job

Thanks for the feedback guys. Rly, i <3 u.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

It looks like there are slightly to many hearts/armor, but I haven't had time to try it out yet.

@MasterSonix$&£; It's very lame to steal someones avatar, especially from a developer, especially matricks!

Used to be very active waay back

FireArrow wrote:

@MasterSonix$&£; It's very lame to steal someones avatar, especially from a developer, especially matricks!

If somebody stole your cute avatar firearrow i would kill him.

I personally think this is a good map. smile I like how both halves of the map are kitted out well enough for neither team to have an unfair advantage. Good work. ^^

If I had to be a little more critical, though, there are just two things that bother me a little - the first thing is the sword. Like dm1, it's right at the top of the map, which is alright.. but unlike dm1, there's only one way to get to it, which to me is a little unfair. I personally tend to avoid using the sword so it doesn't really make a difference to me personally, but if it has to be included I would personally put it someplace where one team/player can't completely block off others from getting to it - at least not easily.

The second little thing is just a graphical thing - basically the dark background of the lower half. If you had to tweak it just a little bit, you could get it to look something like this which I achieved with a few minutes of tinkering:

Before:
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4623/screenshot00022dq6.th.jpg

and After:
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/7679/screenshot0002hm9.th.jpg

You've got the layout already pretty good, so with just a bit of graphical tweaks you can make your good map an excellent map smile

Wow such nice constructive feedback is rare in this forum.

Keep it going big_smile

Thanks for looking into it FragMagnet smile
I dont like to use the sword either, well not in 1v1, I just placed it there that fellas who just started playing can enjoy themselves with the ninja stuff. As for the graphics youre right i could have added shadows and made the whole map 'prettier', but for me making the map enjoyable ( i mean the gameplay ) was the priority, but ure right anyways. thx again.

I think most of the roofs on this map is too low. Whenever you jump you bump into a roof, which is pretty annoying in the long run.

Minimum height for free single jumping is 7 tiles between floor and roof. Now it is okay to have lower passages and such, has tactical value in making it harder to dodge there, but those passages really shouldn´t cover most of the map - gets claustrofobic.

I know the map is not airy enough .. but that should force more precise movement, which is not a bad thing if u think about it.

I think it is. If you move in predictable patters you become easy to hit. If you don´t, this map punishes you for it. When sound instincts get punished, playing gets uncomfortable.

Some air pockets here and there would solve it though. Then you´d ge a chance to breathe, so to speak, and the precise movement requirement is there without being a constant burden.